All members of the Five Star Swim Club agree to abide by the standards of conduct outlined below:
- To strive to become the best person possible; to accept the challenges and responsibilities of family, education, and community; to develop a positive attitude for self and to be supportive of teammates.
- To strive to the best athlete possible; training and performing at the highest level possible; to encourage teammates to do the same in practice and in competition.
- To make every effort to meet practice attendance requirements for my age group.
- To make every effort to be punctual for every practice as well as follow all practice procedures.
- To display proper respect and good sportsmanship towards coaches, teammates, fellow competitors, parents, officials, administrators, and others involved in the sport of swimming.
- To become a model traveler; to use good manners and behavior; to cheerfully follow the directions of my coaches and chaperones, including established curfews.
- To refrain from all illegal or inappropriate behavior that might distract from the positive image and outstanding reputation of Five Star Swim Club or United States Swimming or be detrimental to their performance objectives.
- To not possess or use alcohol, tobacco, or illegal or non-prescribed drugs.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in, but not necessarily be limited to, either or both of the following:
- Swimmer not being allowed to participate in some or all team activities.
- Swimmer being sent home.
Upon notification of any violation of the Code of Conduct, Five Star Swim Club coaches, and/or the Board of Directors, shall inform the individual and his/her parents and shall investigate promptly the circumstances of the violation. The swimmer shall then be promptly given the disciplinary action decided upon for the violation.